South of Dublin, where the metropolis has already taken on a suburban appearance and at the foot of the Wicklow Mountains, is the headquarters of one of the oldest pipe factories in the world: the Peterson of Dublin.
The company is still called "Kapp & Peterson" today in memory of the founders, the brothers Friedrich and Heinrich Kapp of Nuremberg. The story goes that the latter opened in 1865 a shop for smokers, named Kapp-Brothers, in Dublin's elegant Grafton Street. Around the same time, the Irishman Charles Peterson began producing briar pipes and in 1890 discovered the famous system of reservoir. This system is based on the presence of a tank in the torch under the head which has the task of keeping the tobacco dry and conveying the humidity in the tank. Charles Peterson showed up in the shop of the two Germans with this revolutionary invention, for which he was subsequently awarded two gold medals in London, and shortly thereafter the first stone was laid for the creation of the Kapp & Peterson company.
The Army Red collection features the characteristic silver-coated spigot with flock grafting.
Pipes with flock grafting including spigots began to be produced during the great war due to their great usability and manageability.
In fact, during the war years the pipe was one of the smoking tools most used by soldiers of various nationalities and while the classic pipes were difficult to disassemble and often risked breaking if stored in a bad way, the pipes with flock attack could be emptied, disassembled. and quickly placed in the pockets by the soldiers even during sudden enemy attacks.
Pipe materials: Briar
Mouthpiece material: rubber
Length: 15.5 cm
Inner stove diameter: 2.1 cm
Outer diameter of the stove: 3.9 cm
Cooker depth: 4.4 cm
* The pipe will be shipped in its original packaging. The photo has the sole purpose of representing the product. The grain of the briar may vary from the model in the photo.